Welcome to Tropical band

To most people the phrase "tropical bands" bring a pretty clear picture to mind - a bunch of shirtless guys playing calypso music. But to experienced shortwave DXers those two little words express the most challenging and enjoyable part of the radio hobby. The phrase kindles memories of a DXer's best catches and favorite QSLs, of exotic stations, music and of early morning listening sessions. (Don Moore)
I like the "Tropical band" name for new 60m allocation. (OK1RP)

Effective from 1st Jan 2017 please paper QSL via OM-bureau only.


Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Nobody is perfect...

Hello,

unfortunately this morning (14/3/2017) on 60m band can be called simply "foiled"...
I planned to work or at least try to work several stations this nite. Some of them were reported with good signal and some of them I heard last nites so I thought I will try to increase mu DXCC on 60m band CW only after long time a bit.



I fell asleep in the beginning of the night for catching PJ7AA from St. Maarten as same as PJ4LS from Bonaire so I missed both of them.



After I had sked with friend from KL7 on 60m but agreed frequency has been occupied with another stations (we did not set the backup frequency > my mistake) so we hade no chance for our sked this nite.


Finally I found guys from Niger, 5U5R on 5360kHz QSX 5405kHz on CW at around 05:00UTC. I though that I will try at least catching my #69 on 60m band CW only. The pile-up was not so huge and the signal from 5U5R peaked 579 so I started to call them.

Unfortunately some DF2... station has been against and call them on their 5360kHz TX frequency QZF which made a lot of QRM. Several cops tried to turn him out so QRM was even worse...

After some time 5360kHz was again clean so I tried to call them again. After about 10mins it looked promising as Dave, K3LP on key at 5U5R site got my last two letters and asked "RP?". I tried to repeat my call sign but for the first time Dave got EA9RP...asked "? AGN". So I carefully repeated my call and hoped Dave will complete my call sign finally...

At this moment some LZ2A.. operator has been against and started to call on 5405kHz into myself. His calling definitely ruined my ongoing QSO with 5U5R and we did not finished it.

I was so disappointed that I listened to 5U5R next 15mins then they appeared in noise and after they moved the band to 20m on CW I guess.

Well, what I can say... Thank you very much for QRM. I know "nobody is perfect".
Hope to work them next time.


73 - Petr, OK1RP
.../-.-

No comments:

Post a Comment