Welcome to Tropical band

To most people the phrase "tropical bands" bring a pretty clear picture to mind - a bunch of shirtless guys playing calypso music. But to experienced shortwave DXers those two little words express the most challenging and enjoyable part of the radio hobby. The phrase kindles memories of a DXer's best catches and favorite QSLs, of exotic stations, music and of early morning listening sessions. (Don Moore)
I like the "Tropical band" name for new 60m allocation. (OK1RP)

Effective from 1st Jan 2017 please paper QSL via OM-bureau only.


Saturday, January 4, 2014

Asia on 60m, failing detection or pirated calls?

Hello,

maybe I am not alone who realized some interesting sigs on 5337.8kHz during last few days...

Last time I found some signals on 5337.8 tonite around 20:20Z when I copied particular CW sigs on this frequency in the buzzer QRM in my area. Very hard to copy and very weak level but if it was not only my hallucination then some CW was there.

Even I realized that the RBN beacon spotted on 5337.8 calling from Oleg, UA0CID with 31dB sigs over the noise. This was spotted by RN4WA skimmer. It must be failing detection or pirated call as last nite I had the same experiences when the same skimmer RN4WA spotted on this exactly same frequency 5337.8 another call from JH4JNG also with 31dB over noise.

I watched the frequency for very long time and again if it was not my hallucination I really copied some CW signals so I emailed to Yoshi, JH4JNG. He confirmed me that this band is not allowed in JA currently and he was not there at this time.

So just FYI, if You will be there and You will hear some calling or it will be spotted by RBN net then it will be interesting to let me know... but I guess we should not believe to it as it sounds like failure in detection or at least pirated calls.

...or some mystery on this magic frequency 5337.8? :)

73 - Petr, OK1RP
.../-.-

No comments:

Post a Comment