Welcome to Tropical band

To most people the phrase "tropical bands" bring a pretty clear picture to mind - a bunch of shirtless guys playing calypso music. But to experienced shortwave DXers those two little words express the most challenging and enjoyable part of the radio hobby. The phrase kindles memories of a DXer's best catches and favorite QSLs, of exotic stations, music and of early morning listening sessions. (Don Moore)
I like the "Tropical band" name for new 60m allocation. (OK1RP)

Effective from 1st Jan 2017 please paper QSL via OM-bureau only.


Saturday, October 1, 2011

SV - DXCC #23 on 60m

Hello,

as I announced already SZ1SV radioclub of RAAG got permisson for 60m band. The allocation is as same as OK land just one channel yet > but 5398.5 kHz in this case. For that reason our QSO was not as easy as with others like UK, OZ, TF... I was very lucky because Manos, SV1IW (President of the Radio Amateur Association of Greece) is very good operator and thanks to his effort and help it was possible to make QSO using QSX (5260/5398.5). The cross mode was not neccessary cause of the permission is for CW/SSB and Digi and Manos is good CW operator. I listened his call on 5398.5 immediatelly with 569 clean sigs. During our first QSO I used my receiving loop beaming to SV cause I worried if I will hear his sigs. As Manos said the proper antenna has not been raised yet at the headquarter station and Manos tried to use the multiband vertical with the tuner. Finally his sigs came thru very good and I heard him stable and without problem untill last transmission when another station masked his CW a bit.

So the first QSO on 60m band from SV ever done!

Manos I would like to thank You very much for Your effort and nice QSO on 60m band tonite and let me congrats to You for joining the great 60m "Tropical band" family!

I hope we will be able to hear Your radioclub station quite often over here.

73 - Petr, OK1RP


No comments:

Post a Comment