Welcome to Tropical band

To most people the phrase "tropical bands" bring a pretty clear picture to mind - a bunch of shirtless guys playing calypso music. But to experienced shortwave DXers those two little words express the most challenging and enjoyable part of the radio hobby. The phrase kindles memories of a DXer's best catches and favorite QSLs, of exotic stations, music and of early morning listening sessions. (Don Moore)
I like the "Tropical band" name for new 60m allocation. (OK1RP)

Effective from 1st Jan 2017 please paper QSL via OM-bureau only.


Wednesday, January 12, 2011

60m - Tropical band in HA

Hello,

as I promised last time I am trying to reach the new countries with legal operation on 60m band. One of those is also Hungary which is not far away from OK land. It is possible to find some reports from HA stations in the 60m log but there is no active station on the air. So what happends in Hungary with the Tropical band allocation now? I asked my friend Andras, HA6NN who is very interesting in the propagation study and who is kindly willing to make tests with me cross band to 80m band. There is what I got from him about the permitt for 60m:

"Dear Petr,

HA5WH who is the head of a research department of Budapest Technical University is also interested in our tests.

He has organised a nationwide 5 MHz activity for a group of Hungarian stations some years ago. We got two 5 MHz channels then...

I took part in those daily tests which purpuse has been to investigate NVIS propagation.

Now he is to try to ask for 5 MHz channels from the authorities again. It seems to be exciting due to the completely new government down here...

Dr. Andras Gschwindt, HA5 WH is still cooperating with the Hungaria authorities to get one or two channels around 5 MHz mainly for emergency communication.

We do not know the outcome of his negotiations but we have got 5 and 2.5 MHz channels twice in the preceding years so we are confident.


73 de Andras, HA6NN"

OK, I am in touch with Andras and when some good news will arrive then I will let all of You know. I am keeping fingers crossed...

73 - Petr, OK1RP

No comments:

Post a Comment