Welcome to Tropical band

To most people the phrase "tropical bands" bring a pretty clear picture to mind - a bunch of shirtless guys playing calypso music. But to experienced shortwave DXers those two little words express the most challenging and enjoyable part of the radio hobby. The phrase kindles memories of a DXer's best catches and favorite QSLs, of exotic stations, music and of early morning listening sessions. (Don Moore)
I like the "Tropical band" name for new 60m allocation. (OK1RP)

Effective from 1st Jan 2017 please paper QSL via OM-bureau only.


Monday, January 17, 2011

60m - Tropical band in CT

Hello,

Anacom authorized few of CT's to operate in 60m band on temporary basis.

Authorized dates: 1st January 2011 to 30st April 2011.
Authorized frequencies: 5371,5 kHz and 5403,5 kHz.
Transmission modes: A1A (CW) and J3E (SSB).

Anacom bandplan

Many thanks to Miguel, CT1IUA for information published on his web and hope to meet more CT's on Tropical band CW...

73 - Petr, OK1RP

1 comment:

  1. Hi all,

    there I am posting FYI the latest update about the 60m band operation allowed in CT which I got from my friend Jose, CT1EEB by today.

    Hi Petr,
    I think you would like to know that we have been authorized a 3rd frequency in the 60m band, 5288,5 kHz.
    So now we have 3 frequencies:

    5288,5 kHz both SSB and CW
    5371,5 kHz both SSB and CW
    5403,5 kHz both SSB and CW

    I have initially requested your authorized frequency of 5258,5 kHz but it was denied as ANACOM says theres a close by frequency used by the military.

    Last one I worked in 60m, was OM, I do have a firsts list but its not been updated latelly, I have to work on it, Hi!
    You can find it at: http://www.qsl.net/ct1eeb/60m/60m.htm

    73 Jose CT1EEB

    ReplyDelete